The European Commission has recently established an Advisory Group on African-European Research and Innovation Cooperation.
This Advisory Group is working on papers to give recommendations to the EC on how to improve research and innovation strategies related to cooperation with Africa.
The group is composed by:
- Anneline Morgan – Senior public policy maker and implementer, vast experience in international cooperation in research and innovation at national, regional, continental and international level.
- Daniel Nahon – Emeritus professor, geologist/geochemist with great experience in Africa, founder and director of CEREGE, founder of a national TECHNOPOLE on environmental sciences and risks.
- Prof. Sonia Abdelhak – Senior biologist at Institut Pasteur de Tunis, head of a research laboratory on biomedical genomics and oncogenetics, chairwoman of the Association of sustainable development, Research in Action.
- Prof. Marleen Temmerman – Professor of obstetrics and gynaecology, director Aga Khan University, Nairobi, Kenya and UNESCO-Chair Health and Education, Former WHO Director.
- Samir Abdelkrim – Author, entrepreneur and former columnist for major international journals. He is the French expert on African innovation and organiser of Emerging Valley, a hub for emerging innovation between Africa and Europe.
- Bosun Tijani – Nigerian-British entrepreneur and co-founder and CEO of Co-Creation Hub; a pan-African innovation enabler that works for accelerating the application of innovation and social capital.
There are four thematic pillars:
- EU-Africa stepped up cooperation in research and innovation for empowered public health systems;
- How to strengthen research and innovation capacities in Africa focusing on both regional and bilateral cooperation;
- Innovation and technology revol!ution;
- Green Transition in Africa.
As part of this work, a survey related to the R&I capacities policy study is currently open to identify ways to strengthen R&I capacities in Africa focusing on both regional and bilateral cooperation.
Your participation will greatly assist in coming up with concrete recommendations on ways mainstream R&I in Africa-Europe Cooperation.