The general objective of this webinar was to contribute to the improvement of food systems in the face of the COVID pandemic and to address the emerging issues of food insecurity in Africa.
Specifically, the webinar:
- discussed the medium and long term impact of COVID-19 on food poverty; nutrition and food systems in Africa and to deliberate on the key contributing factors;
- assessed the challenges faced by the emergency response on food systems;
- discussed opportunities for transforming the food systems and improve nutrition during the current and future pandemics;
- discussed measures put in place for social protection and COVID-19 response in Africa, especially in rural areas, and shared experience of integrated best practices, and approaches;
- discussed research opportunities related to nutrition and COVID-19 and how they can be adapted to address the impact of COVID-19 in Africa.
In case you miss it, here is the recording of the webinar | More information and slides via ANH Academy.