- This event has passed.
Upscaling private sector participation and science-based outreach in West Africa | Workshop
June 22 @ 8:00 am - June 23 @ 5:00 pm
The workshop on Upscaling private sector participation and science-based outreach in West Africa will be held as a hybrid workshop on 22-23 June at the Conference Hall of CSIR-STEPRI in Accra, Ghana.
The workshop will be hosted by the Science and Technology Policy Research Institute (CSIR-STEPRI), which is one of thirteen institutes under the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) in Ghana.
The mission of CSIR-STEPRI is to conduct research and provide knowledge-based information and contribute to the formulation and implementation of policies and programmes for socio-economic development based on Science, Technology and Innovation.
LEAP4FNSSA organises the workshop with the aim of:
- Informing about the AU-EU Platform for research and innovation on Food Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture
- Linking small businesses to existing research and innovation hubs
- Promote the involvement of private sector in research and innovation programmes
- Exchange on communication strategies and mechanisms for science-based outreach
- Strengthening Europe – Africa collaboration on Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture
The major output of this workshop will be workshop report, which will be presented at the stakeholder meeting organised back-to-back to the AU EU Senior Officials Meeting scheduled for 13th July 2022 in Brussels.